Sindh Minist
er for Information, Local Government, Housing &Town Planning, Religious Affai
rs, Forest and Wildlife Syed Nasir Hussain Shah contacted top Rangers and police officers and apprised them of the reservations expressed by the journalists as well as other people engaged in delivering essential services, about the behaviour of the forces’ personnel deployed on various places in Karachi during the lockdown.
Information Minister told top Rangers and police officers that they should convey to all those secur
ity personnel deployed on the roads elsewhere in Karachi to improve their attitude with journalists and those engaged in delivering essential services. Journalists and other services’ personnel were performing their duties as secur
ity personnel, he said.
Sayed Nasir Hussain Shah said that the concerns of journalists and other essential services’ people should be addressed immediately. The concerned top officers of Rangers and Police told provincial Minist
er for Information Syed Nasir Hussain Shah that secur
ity personnel on the roads had been instructed not to misbehave with journalists as well as other people who had been permitted by t
he government to do their job. Provincial Minist
er for Information said that Journalists should also cooperate with the secur
ity personnel, adding that they should carry their office card as well as identification card with them while performing their job. Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that Pakistan People’s Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari had also directed to immediately address the concerns of the journalists. News Desk
Meanwhile, Sindh Minist
er for Information, Local Government, Housing &Town Planning, Religious Affai
rs, Forest and Wildlife Syed Nasir Hussain Shah has said that the Sindh government has released Rs. 580 million meant for distributing essential food items amongst the needy people during the lock down in the province. Provincial Minist
er for Information said that the money had been released to distribute rations among the needy as well as the daily wagers. He said that 20 million rupees would be given to each district, so that through this amount the administration of that district could distribute the ration among the daily wagers and other needy people of that district on time. In his statement on Thursday, Syed Nasir Hussain Shah once again requested the people to cooperate with t
he government in this time of trouble and follow the instruction of t
he govern
ment completely. Provincial Information Minister said that although this was an extremely difficult time, but it would pass too, adding that, in the meantime we all had to be careful. He told people that unless there was a medical emergency or they had to buy food and other necessities, there was no need to get out of their homes. Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that by staying in their homes, people would not only be able to protect their families, but others as well. The provincial Minist
er for Information said that even in this difficult situation, the Sindh government was working day and night to minimize the problems being faced by the people. He also urged those people who went out of their homes for an urgency or unavoidable circumtances to cooperate fully with the secur
ity personnel on the roads, keeping in mind that they too were fulfilling their obligations by risking their lives. Syed Nasir Hussain Shah also said that Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah in a recent meeting had taken some important decisions regarding prisoners.